FACILITY IS LOCATED IN CHURCH HILL, TN.
The Supply Chain Manager leads the materials group and directs the process which includes the planning of forecasted demand, procurement, production scheduling, inventory control, logistics, and distribution. He or she determines and administers policies and procedures that support shipping and receiving, tempering as well as the purchasing and storage of different kinds of materials, supplies, and equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and set the example for the materials group.
- Manage and lead the day-to-day activities of the production planner, and materials supervisor to ensure department goals and objectives are met.
- Train, develop, mentor and assist subordinates in the supply chain process.
- Track competencies of subordinates and provide leadership and development as required to achieve organizational goals and objectives.
- Ensure all planned controllable KPI materials goals are met or exceeded.
- Establish two-way communication to promote teamwork, facilitate rapid solution of problems, and to avoid costly delays or disputes.
- Ensure a safe, healthy work environment by following and ensuring adherence to all safety, health and environmental regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Ensure areas of responsibility are maintained in a state of order, cleanliness, and repair consistent with the process needs.
- Implement and drive continuous improvement activities through implementation of change management processes and best practices.
- Communicate the importance of meeting customer requirements to enhance customer satisfaction.
- Develops and maintains a process where materials necessary for production are received timely and ensure that the flow of raw materials and other process related materials remain consistent.
- Ensure materials and parts utilized in the supply chain meet the minimum requirements for quality, pricing, and demand.
- Analyze costs of product delivery systems and develop solutions to continuously reduce the costs of supplying product- from raw materials to finished goods.
- Pursue and coordinate the purchasing and negotiation of pricing for materials, products, transportation, and services (in concert with corporate services).
- Responsible for the management of glass inventory, i.e., accuracy, warehousing, FIFO, and breakage.
- Understand the manufacturing process to ensure production schedules are developed that efficiently and effectively meet customer demand.
- Enters data in JD Edwards to track inventory, parts, and shipping and delivery.
- Allocate, monitor, and adjust resources to meet changing delivery needs.
- Review purchase orders, contracts and vendor performance to ensure compliance with ROI procedures and ISO procedures
- Develop and maintain documentation that supports key suppliers, and ISO standard requirements.
- Communicate any foreseeable issues regarding the supply chain process to key personnel in procurement, manufacturing, logistics, and distribution.
- Determine suppliers through the evaluation of their products, services, and review of their production and distribution capabilities.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with vendors.
- Manage transportation delivery systems including but not limited to the logistics of returned supplies and products.
- Recognize and rectify situations that could lead to lost productivity, shipping, etc.
- Plan and manage the materials department budget.
- Monitor vendors and ensure they are in compliance with contractual agreements.
- Manage all aspects of ISO and ensure integrity of the quality management system as it relates to supply chain management.
- Actively participate in management review and make recommendation for improvement.
Skills and Specifications:
- Must be able to work full-time, weekends, holidays and overtime as required
- Excellent interpersonal, employee relations, and communication skills
- Continuous focus on safe operation and best practices
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Must have strong written, oral, and interpersonal skills
- Must have effective planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and recall
- Must be able to take and follow directions
- Must maintain a professional demeanor
- Must be able to use Microsoft office programs, such as word, excel, and power point
- Must be able to travel
- Exhibit strong judgment relating to confidential matters
- Strong initiative, and desire to succeed
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to extract information from databases (AS400, Cognos etc..) , analyze and make a decision based on the information obtained
- Must be able and willing to adapt to change
- Must be able to effectively prepare and present information to a group
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in supply chain management. business, economics, or engineering
- Minimum of five years experience in supply chain or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Previous Glass Handling/Shipping Experience a plus
- Previous experience in a Union shop is a plus
FACILITY IS LOCATED IN CHURCH HILL, TN.