Job revolves around executing projects that are directly managed by the experienced candidate within budget and schedule, maintaining profit margins and achieving customer satisfaction. Also provide project management assistance on complex projects to the senior staff. Work will include performing engineering and project management related tasks related to finalizing system design, submittals preparation, scheduling, procurement specification, estimate preparation, and execution of AdEdge projects. Responsibilities will be interfacing with customers on awarded jobs and project-related work beginning from award through startup, commissioning and project closeout. Candidate will be involved in all aspects of executing projects of a technical nature for a wide variety of water treatment projects both in the U.S and internationally. Experience in electrical, controls and instrumentation is a plus. Some travel or direct customer interface may be required.
Core Processes and Activities:
- Must have understanding of basic civil/environmental/mechanical engineering principles in terms of water system hydraulics, equipment sizing (feed pumps, tanks, chemical feed equipment, pipes, and related component selection).
- Basic understanding of operation and controls of water infrastructure components such as well pumps, treatment systems, storage tanks, chemical feed systems.
- Ability to understand system control scheme and develop control descriptions of system components.
- Substantial working knowledge of project management including scheduling, customer interface, pretreatment, and pretreatment techniques for membrane applications.
- Working knowledge and assist in preparation and review of process P&IDs.
- Relevant working knowledge of water treatment processes and related equipment.
- Preparing Bill of Materials, writing process descriptions, selection and purchasing of water treatment components & equipment.
- Preparation of technical documents related to water treatment projects, O&M Manuals, project scoping and customer interfacing documents.
- Writing and compiling design submittals and other relevant documentation related to projects.
- Strong personal computer skills and strong knowledge of Excel and Word is required.
- Must be organized and able to multi-task and work on multiple projects concurrently
- Water treatment or related industry project engineering/management experience interfacing directly with customers is required
- B.S in Engineering (Civil, Environmental, Chemical, or Mechanical)
- Sufficient water treatment and process experience in the industry is required
- 3-8 years of relevant experience with design and implementation of water treatment systems and technology; basic understanding of basic process controls and electrical
- Practical experience with variety of water treatment system design and operation
- Preferred: Membrane technology experience with both design and field related experience
- Strong personal communication and computer skills for interfacing with customers
- Hands on / field experience implementing water treatment projects desirable
- Professional or engineering certifications desirable
- International project experience and bilingual skills are a plus
Founded in 2002 and headquartered just north of Atlanta, Georgia, AdEdge Water Technologies specializes in the design, development, fabrication, and supply of water treatment solutions, specialty medias, legacy and innovative technologies that remove a wide range of contaminants from water.
Our mode of work and technologies allow our customers to understand how to manage the elements in a variety of industries with outstanding results. These industries include drinking water, industrial process, mining, dewatering, construction, chemical, remediation, and general tertiary wastewater treatment.
We have extensive experience in the removal of arsenic, iron, manganese, hydrogen sulfide, fluoride, nitrate, and uranium from water and we‘ve sold hundreds of water systems ranging from 5 gpm to over 20 MGD in North America and locations throughout the world including Canada, India, Africa, and countries in Latin America.
We recently expanded our engineering and manufacturing capabilities to design and build all systems in our manufacturing facility. The USEPA awarded us 12 arsenic demonstration projects, more than any company in the industry. We work with 75% of the top 12 design firms in the United States and with hundreds of engineering firms throughout the world.